Next, pull out your 2020 business plan, marketing plan, goals, communications plan, etc. Review them. Do these still make sense given COVID-19? If not, consider how to amend them. Determine your goals for the next three months; write them down.
Back to your three-column list! Highlight or circle each item that correspond to the goals you just wrote down. Prioritize based on Need/Should/Would love and then refine them into Urgent/Important, Urgent/Not important, Important/Not Urgent, and Not Important/Not Urgent.
So armed, you’ll be able to productively plan out your next three months. Scan your quadrant Monday mornings to remind yourself of your year-end plans. It will help you stay focused when you find yourself going down fascinating but completely unnecessary rabbit holes!
10 Steps for a Productive 4Q2020
- Three columns: Need to do, Should do, and Would Love to See Done
- Review all old 2020 lists and add to your columns (or mark done)
- Review all 2020 plans: business, marketing, strategic/goals, communications, etc.
- Evaluate and readjust as needed.
- Set year-end goals.
- Highlight items on three-column paper that correspond with year-end goals
- Make a priority quadrant: Urgent/Important, Urgent/Not important, Important/Not Urgent, and Not Important/Not Urgent
- Plan next three months
- Scan priority quadrant Monday mornings to stay on-track.